Hi there 👋 thanks for taking an interest in me and my profile, I know I’m nothing more than a keyword match right now, so I have gone to the effort of putting this information here for you.
Please 🙏, please, try to make it to the end. I know there’s a fair bit of info here and you have roles to fill. I’m trying to save us both some time here. You’re welcome 👍
- Currently open to “opportunities”.
- Like most developers will say, I want to work with tomorrow’s tech stack today.
- Where I currently am, although a great place to work, my development is going to suffer if I have to keep maintaining WordPress sites.
- Working with React, Gatsby, Netlify and GitHub.
Permanent, not open to contract roles right now (or for the next 24 months or so).
- From previous experience I feel I need to qualify this by saying a “contract of employment” i.e. a permanent role, not a “consultancy contract” between my business and the employer/client.
- Working in an agile environment using best practices for development.
- A good percentage of pair programming on the team.
- Working in a team where there is an emphasis on technical development.
- If you really want to grab my attention, tell me how you collaborate, how you keep quality high, how you contribute back to the community, and how you help your team continue to learn and grow.
- Work life balance is a big deal for me, I really do not want to go over a 37.5 hour working week.
- I’m really enjoying using the JAMstack right now, with Gatsby (which uses React and GraphQL) being my framework of choice.
- For styling I have taken to using styled-components 💅, take a look at the used by section on their site.
- For CMS’ I’d like the opportunity to work with GraphCMS or Contentful.
- For back-end I prefer node which is where the majority of my back-end experience is.
- I started as a professional web developer in March 2018, I have 10+ years previous experience as a VBA developer for mainly financial organisations.
- For more, check out my about page which details my experience and a bit about me.
- Right now, for me, it’s more about learning and progressing with the technology than it’s about salary.
- That being said, however, I’m not going to be giving a number for my salary because, among other things, it can be used to cap any offer made to me. In other words, my old salary becomes what’s known in behavioural economics as an anchor.
I know it’s in your interest (being the recruiter) to get the best offer for me. I’ll disclose my salary if:
- (a) You agree not to disclose it to the employer without my express permission. No exceptions.
- (b) You can explain how you’re going to use the information for my benefit — needs to be a good reason.
- If you don’t want to give me a exact number then a range would be fine.
- For my development over the next 24 months or so I will get the most out of being office based closer to more experienced colleagues.
- That being said I do know that you can succeed as a junior developer in a fully remote role
I live a ~30 minute train ride from London Victoria/Blackfriars and prefer to avoid travelling by tube if possible.
- I’ll consider roles three or four tube stops max from either London Victoria or Blackfriars.
- Based in Swanley, Kent I’ll consider places that are in Sevenoaks and Bromley.
Your skills look like a great match for this position we have. Can we have a quick five minute phone call to chat?
You are welcome to my phone number to call but I won’t answer it unless there is a prior arrangement or I recognise your number. I prefer to avoid phone calls for these reasons:
- I’m on a maker’s schedule, which means interruptions are disruptive to my flow.
- I’ve already tried to answer some of the most basic questions on this page, and I’ve probably phrased them more clearly here than I will on the phone.
- This question gets asked frequently enough that my default answer has to be, if not “no”, at least “read this first.”
- Contact me by email. That’s my preferred means of communication. If we are still interested in after some fact checking I’d love to have a chat.
Want me to know you have spent more than the three seconds nearly all recruiters spend on this page? (I use Google Analytics 👀)
- In your email mention “Quick Start Guides Rock!” and you will have my attention, gratitude and a guaranteed reply. 🙏
Can I take a look at your CV?
- The link to my CV is my product and brand, as it was built and styled by me. I consider this a way to showcase my current skill level. If your client wants to see my CV give them the link.
- I understand that a lot of companies wil have ATS that you need to add a document to. I’ll leave this part of your job up to you.
two weeksthree months.
- I can telephone interview with little notice.
- It will entirely depend on the location for face to face interviews.