Hi there 👋 thanks for taking an interest in me and my profile, I know I’m nothing more than a keyword match right now, so I have gone to the effort of putting this information here for you.
Please 🙏, please, try to make it to the end. I know there’s a fair bit of info here and you have roles to fill. I’m trying to save us both some time here. You’re welcome 👍
- Currently open to “opportunities”.
- A good percentage of pair programming on the team.
- Working with React, Gatsby, Netlify and GitHub.
- Working in a team where there is an emphasis on technical development.
- If you really want to grab my attention, tell me how you collaborate, how you keep quality high, how you contribute back to the community, and how you help your team continue to learn and grow.
- Work life balance is a big deal for me, I really do not want to go over a 37.5 hour working week.
- Permanent, not open to contract roles.
- Working in an agile environment using best practices for development.
- Ethically I don’t agree with Gambling.
- I find increasingly annoying when the opening line for a company is peppered with buzzwords like AI, Fintech or when they’re a market leader I’ve never heard of (they’re always market leaders).
- I’m really enjoying using the JAMstack right now, with Gatsby (which uses React and GraphQL) being my framework of choice.
- For styling I have taken to using styled-components 💅, take a look at the used by section on their site.
- For CMS’ I’d like the opportunity to work with GraphCMS or Contentful.
- For back-end I prefer node which is where the majority of my back-end experience is.
- React 2.5 years
- I started as a professional web developer in March 2018.
- I have 10+ years previous experience as a VBA developer for financial organisations.
- For more, check out my about page which details my experience and a bit about me.
- I’m not going to be giving a number for my salary because, among other things, it can be used to cap any offer made to me. In other words, my old salary becomes what’s known in behavioural economics as an anchor.
I know it’s in your interest (being the recruiter) to get the best offer for me. I’ll disclose my salary if:
- (a) You agree not to disclose it to the employer without my express permission. No exceptions.
- (b) You can explain how you’re going to use the information for my benefit — needs to be a good reason.
- If you don’t want to give me a exact number then a range would be fine.
- I’m seeing an increasing amount of places offer “unlimited holiday”. I’d rather know the minimum amount of holiday that has to be taken. The reality is that it’s not actually unlimited so please don’t say that.
- I’m happy in sunny Swanley
- For my development over the next 24 months or so I will get the most out of being office based closer to more experienced colleagues.
- That being said I do know that you can succeed as a junior developer in a fully remote role
I live a ~30 minute train ride from London Victoria/Blackfriars and prefer to avoid travelling by tube if possible.
- I’ll consider roles three or four tube stops max from either London Victoria, Blackfriars or Elephant & Castle.
- Based in Swanley, Kent I’ll consider places that are in Sevenoaks and Bromley, only those two places though. I’m not interested in roles in Ashford, Maidstone or anywhere else deemed ‘in the same region’.
Your skills look like a great match for this position we have. Can we have a quick five minute phone call to chat?
You are welcome to my phone number to call but I won’t answer it unless there is a prior arrangement or I recognise your number. I prefer to avoid phone calls for these reasons:
- I’m on a maker’s schedule, which means interruptions are disruptive to my flow.
- I’ve already tried to answer some of the most basic questions on this page, and I’ve probably phrased them more clearly here than I will on the phone.
- This question gets asked frequently enough that my default answer has to be, if not “no”, at least “read this first.”
- Contact me by email. That’s my preferred means of communication. If we are still interested after some fact checking I’d love to have a chat.
Want me to know you have spent more than the three seconds nearly all recruiters spend on this page?
- In your email mention “Quick Start Guides Rock!” and you will have my attention, gratitude and a guaranteed reply. 🙏
Can I take a look at your CV?
- The link to my CV is my product and brand, as it was built and styled by me. I consider this a way to showcase my current skill level. If your client wants to see my CV give them the link.
- I understand that a lot of companies wil have ATS that you need to add a document to. I’ll leave this part of your job up to you.
two weekstwo months.
- I can telephone interview with little notice.
- It will entirely depend on the location and duration for face to face interviews.
- Being the end of the year I have zero time available to take off of my current job.
- Unless I’m going to be reimbursed for my time I’m not willing to do any interviews that will go on longer than an hour.